AffiliationWestern Cheshire PCT
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThis article presents a reflective account of a consultation in a pre-assessment clinic for women requesting abortion. The reflection is based on Johns' model. Reflection enabled the author to address important issues that the consultation raised. These included the realisation that nurses do not always have to understand why patients make the choices they do, and the importance of allocating sufficient time for sensitive consultations.
CitationNursing Standard, 2009, 23(35), pp. 35-39
DescriptionThis article is not available through ChesterRep.
CollectionsClinical Sciences and Nutrition
- Abortion: legal medical and social perspectives.
- Authors: Widdicombe J, Burnhill MS, Landy U, Susman F, Sokol RL
- Issue date: 1979 Nov
- [Abortion consulting in progress].
- Authors: Sundström-Feigenberg K
- Issue date: 1980 Feb 13
- Making abortion consultation therapeutic.
- Authors: Friedman CM
- Issue date: 1973 Nov
- Intimate partner violence, pregnancy and the decision for abortion.
- Authors: Williams GB, Brackley MH
- Issue date: 2009 Apr
- [Demand for abortion. Pre-abortion discussion].
- Authors: Guiol L
- Issue date: 1994 Mar